Thursday, December 21, 2006

Wet For Went Bracelets

OK so I've found something I think will work. There is a color called Buff (perfect name) that is basically a beige that would do nicely. The bracelet will just say 'Wet For Went' on the outside, very simple. No it won't match a damn thing, unless you're Wentworth Miller (and yes I'm sending him one too although his will just be blank on the outside and have a special message inside of it). Apparently there can even be artwork on it so I picked a picture:



I thought about a tux pic or one of my many other favorites but I have no idea how detailed it will be. I mean how intricate are they going to make the artwork on a freaking rubber bracelet? I suspect we're just going to get a head and shoulders outline in a square and if that's all we get this is the perfect pic for it. (Actually I probably need to order a sample to see how this whole picture thing works before I order them for real). So that's the design, now for the particulars.

Money will be accepted through Paypal or Google Checkout and they are going to be $20 a piece including shipping and handling. They will go out Priority Mail with a tracking number. If $20 sounds like a lot to you, I can assure you it isn't. Priority Mail shipping is at least $4 and internationally it's more than that. Paypal will take their cut of your payment right off the top before I even see the money, I'll be printing from Paypal so that you can get an email confirmation (which costs money too) and I will have to print out labels b/c there needs to be a barcode for the post office to scan (and my damn printer needs a new cartridge), then there's time and freaking effort. The bracelets are $5 a piece and of course discounted if you buy enough of them BUT I am NOT going to get stuck with a million bracelets so bulk ordering is out of the question. It sounds like I'm complaining but I'm not. I'm just trying to make the point that this is not a money making venture; I'm doing it for the love. Sound cool? Let me know what you think or if you have any design ideas in the comments.

If all that sounds good to you as is then by all means click the button below. I'll place the sample order first and I will be probably be placing the real order before the end of the year. Delivery looks like it takes 2 weeks so I need to get the sample order in ASAP so I can place the real one. If you do order one I will keep you updated on the status by email.