Sunday, December 10, 2006

Wentworth Miller Speaks Directly To Us




CUORE MAGAZINE 2006 (TRANSLATION)

WENTWORTH MILLER

“I AM SO GOOD IN BED THAT WOMEN YELL OUT MY NAME.”

Prison Break has made him famous worldwide.

Picture Caption
The show received
the People’s Choice Award as the
best new TV drama for 2006


The show which tells the story of a group of inmates who attempt to
escape from prison has taken this actor from relatively obscurity to
appearing on TV’s sexist men lists.

He is sexy, biracial, new to the fame game and excessively shy.
Wentworth Miller (34), the protagonist of Prison Break spoke exclusively to
Cuore about his success and expectations in Hollywood. Considered to be
one of the sexiest men on the planet, Wentworth is as attractive in
person as he is on screen and has eyes that can take your breath away with
a single glance.

- What were you doing this summer? Did you do any films?
No, I was relaxing. I had been working hard all year during the first
season of the show and when I finished I was burnt out. I spent all of
my energy travelling by car from Chicago to Los Angeles.

- The famous Route 66?
I took a route parallel to it, just me and my small Corolla. It was a
fantastic trip that gave me some perspective on my new reality. I saw
the lives of strangers that had nothing to do with Hollywood. These were
people who didn’t care about how much money their last film made or
whether they were going to be on for another season. I needed to
disconnect and detoxify myself from Hollywood.

- It sounds like you really don’t care about the results of your
work?
- Yes and no. I love the show but, at the same time I am not tied down
by it. I don’t think, or at least I hope that this show will not be
the most important work that I do in my career. For me, this is a good
show that will lead me to greater things. I am happy with the way
audiences have responded to the show and that it is a success.

- Has your life drastically changed in the last six months when the
show became a success in America?
Television is a powerful medium. Now I have “friends” in every city
in the U.S. Everyone wants something from me. They know me but I
don’t know them (laughs). A lot of people talk to me on the street. I feel
different now. I feel that I have lost my privacy and this is very
strange for me because I am still the same person inside, with the same
fears and insecurities that I had before.

- Do women now give you their phone numbers without you having to ask
them their names?
It is now easier to pick someone up in certain situations and yes, they
do give me their phone numbers without me having to ask them their
names. However, occasionally I have been in situations in which women have
been more attracted to the character that I play than with me.

- What does Wentworth look for in a woman?
I believe that confidence is the key to many things. One can talk about
a sense of humour or style but the most attractive aspect of a woman is
her confidence; that she feels comfortable in her own skin. Ideally, I
would like to find a woman that understands what it is like to be with
an actor without being an actress herself. I want a woman who keeps my
feet on the ground and holds my hand while I am off going around in
circles. Like somebody who works in the accounting department of a film
company. (laughs) …

- Have you already found her?
No. Not yet …

I don’t think (or at least I hope not) that this show will be the
most important work that I do in my career.
WMO
Interesting Facts

Movie Star
He began his rise to fame in movies like The Human Stain and
Underworld. He also played roles in TV shows like Buffy, Vampire Killer and ER.

Singer
During his studies at Princeton University he began to act. He was also
a member of the a cappella group Princeton Tigertons, where he sang
baritone.

Music Videos
His association with the world of music goes far back. He has been
involved in various music videos, including Mariah Carey’s We Belong
Together.

Tattoo
To portray Michael Scofield, his character from Prison Break, he is
tattooed from his waist to his shoulders, using temporary tattoos that
take four hours to apply.

Nominations
The show has been a giant success. Wentworth Miller has been nominated
this year as Best Actor at the Golden Globes. The winner was Hugh
Laurie of House.

Picture Caption
The Show
Fox premiered the
first season of the show,
with back to back episodes,
Mondays at 9:30 p.m.
La Sexta (TV channel in Spain)
also shows the series on Thursdays at 9:50 p.m.
Single and Unattached

Attractive and a Winner

Accompanied
After the Golden Globes, he went to the after party with fellow actress
Sarah Wayne Callies.

A Young Actor with Promise
He showed his acting potential from the very beginning with his role in
Dinatopia.

Wentworth Miller, even at 34, has confessed that he has not found the
right woman. He likes brunettes, but the most important thing that
catches his attention is a woman’s confidence. His career began with
Dinatopia (2002) and he jumped to the big screen with the movie The Human
Stain (2003). In the film, he portrayed Anthony Hopkins’ character as a
young man. His filmography includes the movie Underworld, with Kate
Beckinsale.

- If women were divided into two camps, blondes and brunettes, which
camp would you chose?
I like brunettes. For many years I was in love with Angie Harmon, the
actress from Law and Order.

- What has been the best offer that you have received from a woman?
Up until now it has not happened. Many people hesitate before talking
to an actor, but my character has received a lot of mail (and some of
them using steamy language.) My character has had more success than I
have had (laughs). When I am walking down the street, women ask me for my
autograph, a kiss and take pictures with their cell phones.

- Have you had an experience where you have been called Michael in bed?
No, but I do remember that they have called me Michael at the dry
cleaners. I am good enough in bed that women yell out my name and not
Michael.

- Is it hard for you to film a show in a prison that is racially
divided?
I have taken care when picking projects that deal with race. However,
this is not the principle theme of Prison Break. And as long as we keep
it like that then all is well. As an actor, I exist in an environment
in which the characters do not necessarily look like me or have to be
like me. I said yes to Prison Break for the experience and because I
needed the money. I didn’t do it to create controversy with my
personality.

“I have always been with white people when they made jokes about
blacks.”

- Halle Berry has said that for her it was very difficult growing up in
America with a white mother and a black father. What has your
experience been like?
I have had a different experience because you can not tell my race by
my skin colour. I have always been with white people. I have also found
myself with them when they make jokes about black people. At that
moment you find yourself in a dilemma: Do you stop the party and tell them
that you are black and that the joke was done in bad taste or do you say
nothing at all?

- What other interests do you have besides acting?
I like to swim, read and take naps. I am also writing a script. I
really enjoy looking at paintings, listening to music, seeing movies, going
to the theatre; everything that surrounds an actor. You never know
where you are going to find something that inspires you.

- Do you need to do physical exercise?
It’s difficult to establish an exercise schedule when you do not know
what hours you are going to work every day, but I have made the
decision to keep myself in shape. My character is the smarter of the two
brothers therefore I am not obligated by contract to go to the gym every
day. (laughs)

- They say that you use blue contact lenses. Is it true?
I think it has to do with the lighting and no I have not changed the
colour of my eyes.


This may just be one of the best things I have ever read. Where to begin? What am I saying I know exactly where to start.

I am good enough in bed that women yell out my name and not Michael.

Oh you are plenty good if my fantasies are any indication and I yell out your name all the time...

I took a route parallel to it, just me and my small Corolla.

He's a Corolla man and that is EXACTLY the way I would have pegged him. A reliable and practical vehicle that is not at all flashy. It fits him.

I don’t think, or at least I hope that this show will not be the most important work that I do in my career.

I hope not too. I'd like to see you go on to do great things but for now I hope you are enjoying yourself. *throwing panties in Went's direction*

And now for the words you were all longing to hear that might somehow give you the strength to go on:

- What does Wentworth look for in a woman?
I believe that confidence is the key to many things. One can talk about a sense of humour or style but the most attractive aspect of a woman is her confidence; that she feels comfortable in her own skin. Ideally, I would like to find a woman that understands what it is like to be with an actor without being an actress herself. I want a woman who keeps my feet on the ground and holds my hand while I am off going around in circles. Like somebody who works in the accounting department of a film company. (laughs)…

- Have you already found her?
No. Not yet…


There you have it. You still have a chance; Well not really because you'll probably never meet him...Did I just say that? I'm sorry. You will meet him and he will fall helplessly in love with you and you will get married and have many children, but no pets.

- If women were divided into two camps, blondes and brunettes, which camp would you chose?
I like brunettes. For many years I was in love with Angie Harmon, the actress from Law and Order.

Do you hear that sound? It's the sound of all the blondes in the world running to their neighborhood drugstore for some Garnier Nutrisse. If it worked for SJP it can work for you too.

- What has been the best offer that you have received from a woman?
Up until now it has not happened. Many people hesitate before talking
to an actor, but my character has received a lot of mail (and some of them using steamy language.) My character has had more success than I have had (laughs). When I am walking down the street, women ask me for my autograph, a kiss and take pictures with their cell phones.

Oh Went, I wouldn't hesitate, my mouth may hang open for a second or two and I might stare like a crazy person but when my "Hi" finally comes out it will sound completely normal. Your character has received a lot of mail? Oh no honey, I sent that letter to YOU and apparently, you remember it. *evil grin* Inquiring minds want to know: Do any of the women who seek one actually get this kiss? Really Went, you shouldn't tell people like me these things because I would definitely want mine with tongue.

I have taken care when picking projects that deal with race. However, this is not the principle theme of Prison Break. And as long as we keep it like that then all is well. As an actor, I exist in an environment in which the characters do not necessarily look like me or have to be like me. I said yes to Prison Break for the experience and because I needed the money. I didn’t do it to create controversy with my personality.

I have had a different experience because you can not tell my race by my skin colour. I have always been with white people. I have also found myself with them when they make jokes about black people. At that moment you find yourself in a dilemma: Do you stop the party and tell them that you are black and that the joke was done in bad taste or do you say nothing at all?

Take that Cornel West. I have seen a quote where he has stated that he is not white but here it seems he comes out and actually calls himself black and while I know this is a translation and could be slightly different than what was actually said, I am inclined to believe it. He also said that the role was for money and because the theme of the show has nothing to do with race. What more do you want from the man?

However, occasionally I have been in situations in which women have been more attracted to the character that I play than with me.

Where can I find these crazy women so I can shoot them? If they don't want to stay in and watch The Simpsons, drink Cutty and lose at Scrabble to you, I'll step in. Just tell me when and where.

- They say that you use blue contact lenses. Is it true?
I think it has to do with the lighting and no I have not changed the
colour of my eyes.

Yeah the lighting and photoshop...which I know Went is not your fault.


Loved this article and while I had seen bits and pieces of this info before I have never seen it all at once like this. Thanks geniass for pointing me to it and of course Wentworth Miller Online for the translation.


source