Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Iva just doesn't get all of this Wentworth Miller is Gay stuff!

My girl Iva over at Gossip or Truth talks about an editor in the magazine pictured below that calls Went gay. Here is an excerpt (For the rest click the link above):

This is what I don’t get at all. Why is it that every time [a] new hot guy appears in Hollywood, who happens to be single, [he] is called out to be gay? I’m not starting any rumors here, but can’t help noticing the fact that more and more newspapers, media in general are saying Wentworth Miller could be gay!?




I stumbled across this article and had my friend translate it for me and was surprised to read the editor comments saying that Wentworth Miller is gay. Why? Because he’s hot, educated, smart, I mean I just don’t get it?


OK now I'm going to do something that I rarely do and even try to avoid doing and that is actually getting serious for a minute.

You know, I have no idea why new hot guys are often rumored to be gay nowadays but suffice it to say that with more and more people coming out of the closet (as well they should be able to without being subject to discrimination and harassment), gays feel they have just as much right to claim the new hot piece of ass as we do and that doesn't bother me at all. The reality is that none of us really knows for sure anyway. How the rumors got started I don't know and I don't care, but that's just me. I also don't find being called gay offensive, though again, that's my opinion (and I know that's not what you said Iva I'm just saying). I think what we're all really thinking is, if he is straight, does he feel harassed by the rumors and innuendo? Well yeah, I think about that sometimes but these people (celebrities) get paid pretty well and enjoy luxuries that most of us can't even fathom so hey, if they catch a little hell that's just part of the joy ride. I do wonder though what would happen if he were gay. Would he be offended by outrage at the thought of it? Slippery slope that all is which is why I just don't talk about it unless I'm joking around. If he's straight, cool; If he's not, cool. It's not going to affect my life either way actually and let me just say, if he takes it up the ass I'd pay to see it. I joke about what I'd do if he paired off and got a girlfriend but the reality is that wouldn't affect me either. I know that Fandom is a delicate thing but my affection and devotion are rock solid. There is very little he could do to change how I feel about him and at the bottom of the list would be who he fucks because I just don't give a shit. Now does it suck when things are said about him by people who are just trying to fuck with him? Yes! But I would hope that by now he's developed a thicker skin because he is going to need it.

We may think we're all evolving past traditional ideas (for instance, I doubt I will ever get married) but under the surface those old views are still there. I think the more important question is, why do people question someone's sexuality (and imply it as a negative) or their worth if they are in their mid-thirties and aren't married? Maybe they just don't fucking want to be; There's an idea. Went has said that marriage and kids are things he wants so he probably just hasn't found the right person yet and there is nothing wrong with NOT making a million huge mistakes that end up in divorce on your way to finding whoever that person is that you can see yourself making a life with. Singleness does not imply that something is different about that person except that maybe the person is more in tune with themselves and what they really want than the rest of us. OK my title implied this post was going to be funny. Sorry for the trick, LOL, and with that, I think I'm done.