Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Conversations with Wentworth Miller



WFW: Now that we've been together, I think we should get to know each other a little better. I'd love to hear more about you.

Went: Well, my name originated from a character in a Jane Austen novel named Captain Wentworth.

WFW: That's not news, but thanks for sharing. You're beautiful.

Went: I worked at Borders for two years before getting my break in acting.

WFW: Awesome! I love books! Would you read to me? I love your voice....

Went: Sure a little later. You know what else? I'm pretty much a couch potato.

WFW: We will get along famously then. Why don't you pass me the remote? Grey's Anatomy is coming on.

Went: Actually I was in the mood to watch something else.

WFW: Oh don't be jealous of McDreamy and McSteamy, you can be McWenty! OK?

Went: No I don't care about that, my favorite TV show Law and Order is on.

WFW: What do you mean it's on? It's always on. It comes on 50 times a day. Not to mention it's been on the air since I was 2 and has more spin-offs than 90210. Besides we were talking right? Tell me something else. Tell me about your family and turn A...Little...To the left. I'm trying to get a good view of your mole.

Went: I was born in England but raised in Brooklyn. My mother is white and my father is black and they are now divorced. I have two younger sisters.

WFW: Oh wow, divorced huh? That must suck for you. I have a younger brother and two older ones. My parents are still together. My fathers' mothers' grandmother was white, does that count? She was even from England! Look, that's even more we have in common. We're made for each other. What else?

Went: I was a part of a group called the Tigertones while attending Princeton; we recorded two albums.

WFW: This is uncanny. I sang all through middle school and all the way on up to college #1 (Don't ask), until I decided that fucking around was WAY more important than a stupid degree that could double my earning potential. You're so smart. What's the square root of a million?

Went: I majored in English Literature so math wasn't really my thing.

WFW: Well what kind of movies do you like?

Went: To name a few, Dangerous Liaisons, The Shining and Carrie.

WFW: I'm so glad you didn't say Crash. That would have ended our relationship.

Went: If you don't slow down, YOU are going to crash.
I have campaigned against drug-use and appeared in anti-drug ads.

Let me get this straight: I already had to give my cat up because you're allergic to them, not to mention I had to forget about ever owning that cocker spaniel (because you're allergic to dogs too) that I have wanted ever since I was little and saw that cute little brown one in a Santa hat bringing the Isotoner slippers to its master in that commercial, you know the one, they don't play it anymore...What was I saying? Oh yes, Now I have to put out the joint? You better be worth all this trouble. For Real.

trivia source